查看: 1548|回复: 0

Sept 19th, 2011 大本营

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-11-28 14:03:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

大本营

回到大本营第一夜,软软的气垫太舒服了,再加上比山上暖和得多,竟然令我久久不能入睡。奇怪,这里为什么比在珠峰的日子舒服得多呢?记得去年在珠峰的日子里,从4000米开始我的喉咙就经常因为干痒而难以入睡,天天靠润喉糖度日;鼻子也总是堵塞难受。而在这里,这些都不是问题,我也不需要因为空气干寒而把头埋在睡袋里入睡。这里的生活相对舒适多了。也许是因为没有游客使得植被环境保持得好吧?

早上洗了澡,91日进山来第一次!在这里洗澡,就是把一桶水挂在帐子顶上,让水从小小的龙头里滴出来,慢慢浸湿头发、身体。无论怎样,洗个澡是好爽的事!又可以把头发放下来了!

下午,汕头大学的第二批的师生到了。他们好有活力啊!仿佛这里的海拔不是回事儿,他们一刻不停地欢呼嬉闹着,不需要休息。

Sept 19th, 2011

Base Camp

My bed is really comfortable with the extra cushion of the downmat, but I had a hard time to fall asleep. Maybe it was too warm, too soft, too comfortable. It’s weird why here is much more comfortable than Everest. I remember, on Everest, my throat was so itchy every night since about 4000m that I had to keep cough drop in my throat to go sleep; My nose was always stuffed with bloody stuff, and I need to have it covered with buff day and night. But here, I only occasionally need to clean my nose and it’s not so bloody; I don’t need to hide inside sleeping bag to sleep that the air outside is just good enough to breath while sleeping. I seldom need cough drop neither here. Life is just much more enjoyable here. Maybe because of the vegetation and lack of tourist traffic that the environment here is much more humane.

Took my first “shower” since I left Nyalam on Sept 1st. To take the shower, hang a bucket of warm water on the hook in our shower tent, then slowly wet the hair and body from the water dripped down through the tiny faucet hole.  It’s nice to feel comfortable to let down my hair again! It’s nice to feel clean again.

The second group of students from ShanTou Univ arrived in early afternoon. They were so energetic that the altitude is nothing for them. They don’t seem to need a moment’s rest!

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 返回顶部 返回列表